When it comes to health, omega-3 fatty acid are considered essential fatty acids, and in fact necessary for the health of our bodies and since our bodies don't produce them, we have to get them through food that we consume and even through omega 3 fatty acid capsules.
The greatest source of omega 3 fatty acid is fish such as tuna,salmon, some seafood such as algae and krill, nut oils like walnut and some plants.
Omega -3s are usually classified into groups based on the length of their fatty acid chains and missing hydrogen atoms. And these classifications includes;
1. Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) - Great source of ALA is flax seed oil or flax seed capsules. Dark green ,leafy vegetables and some type of vegetable oils also contain ALA.
2. Linolenic Acid (LA) - Linolenic Acid contain or supply omega-6 essential fatty acid and is found in most vegetables.
3.Eicosapentanoic Acid (EPA) - EPA which is the short form is a major omega-3 fatty acid component of fish oil and also the deep sea fish salmon, tuna, rainbow trout and mackerel.
Omega-3 helps in maintaining the integrity of the brain cell membrane.
4. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) - This is found in fish and omega-3 DHA or dha omega 3 fatty acid help in maintaining the integrity of the cell membrane of our brain.
Currently we have omega 3 fatty acid capsules which have a derivative source from fish oils and flax seed oils.
1. Arthritis - It has been established through medical research that lack of omega-3 fatty acid has been linked to arthritis.
Omega-3 fatty acid can help reduce body inflammation.
2.Depression - Medical research shows that individuals who consume food rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as fish had less depression rates compared to those whose diet lacked omega 3 rich food.
3.Can lead to learning disabilities - The very vital component for our brain is DHA and in fact up to 60% of our brain is composed of omega 3 fatty acids.
4. Heart disease - Omega 3 fatty acid are unsaturated fatty acid which is healthy and help to reduce inflammation throughout the body. In fact inflammation in the body can greatly damage your blood vessels and therefore lead to heart disease.
5.Obesity - Omega 3 fatty acids help coordinate the gene signals in your body that prevent it from storing up the calories as fat and keeping your fat metabolic rate in check.
1. High blood pressure - Several studies done have shown that individuals who consume more omega-3 have a lower blood pressure readings.
2. Immune system - Consuming food rich in omega 3 help improve rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis symptoms, diabetes mellitus and prevent inflammatory in the body.
3. Cancer - Individuals or people who consume fish oils often as part of their diet produced fewer quantities of carcinogens which are cancer causing agents.
4. Diabetes - Omega -3 help lower triglycerides which are high with people with diabetes and also omega 3s raises HDL.
5. Losing weight - Omega 3s supply unsaturated fats and low in calories, low in carbohydrates thus will help improve insulin sensitivity and sugar controls, hence one is in a position to lose weight.
6. Osteoporosis - Omega 3s rich food sources such as those rich in EPA help increase the body and bone calcium level thus leading to one having improved bone strength.
7. Burns - Omega 3s essential fatty acids help reduce inflammation and promote healing of wounds for those who have experienced burns.
8. Other great benefits of omega 3 includes areas such as;
Engaging in your best exercise for weight loss is one of the key factors when it comes to having and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. Our Creator of the universe created our bodies and designed them for activity and movements and inactivity starts to deteriorate our body leading to sedentary lifestyle diseases such as heart attack ,hypertension, obesity and shorter life span.Read more..
There are several different types of heart diseases that exist today , and we are going to look at the list of diseases of the heart together, so lets go; 1.High blood pressure (Hypertension) - This type of heart disease also known as the silent killer since it does not exhibit symptoms. We can say one has high blood pressure when the systolic blood pressure reads above 140 (higher) or diastolic (lower ) number reading of 90.Read more..