Unexplained weight loss can occur as a result of certain causing factors. If there is a sudden or persistent unexplained loss of weight, this may imply an underlying medical disorder that needs some attention by physical examination performed by a physician or medical personnel. Especially when you begin to lose weight without exercising ,dieting or using any prescribed medication.
Let us look at causes of unexplained loss of weight;.
1. Gastrointestinal diseases- There are several conditions that can affect your digestive system that end up causing loss of weight due to malabsorption of food nutrients and even loss of appetite.
Some of the conditions includes ulcers, gallstones, reflux , inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis and hepatitis. Making an effort to see the doctor is the way to go in order to determine the unexplained weight loss in your body.
2. Cancer- When an individual is infected by a cancer causing virus, he/she is likely to experience weight loss and on top of that , certain cancer treatment can also have effect on weight and loss of hair.
There are several types of cancers that can affect bodies and these includes lung, pancreatic, stomach, esophageal and these requires treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy to help kill and stop the spread of cancer cells around the body.
3. Eating disorders- This includes anorexia and bulimia can also lead to weight loss.
4. Change of diet- This include skipping meals whether intentionally or unintentionally such as individuals who are always on the run due to their hectic work or schedules.
Our bodies requires food to supply us with necessary nutrients and energy to help us maintain a healthy body, weight and help our bodies perform at optimum level.
5. Prescribed medication- Different diseases or illness calls for different medication and management.
Certain prescribed medication are known to cause patients to loss weight by suppressing their appetites for food. This applies to even over the counter (OTC) medicines one buys at a pharmaceutical outlets.
6. Endocrine disorders- Another possible cause of unexplained loss of weight is endocrine disorders . First of all lets understand the endocrine system (ES), the endocrine system which includes major glands in our bodies are tasked with the production of hormones.
You may experience endocrine disorders when your hormone levels are either too high or too low . Several factors can play role to these imbalance and it includes infections, stress and even changes in your bloods fluid. These changes can affect your weight like losing some pounds.
Engaging in your best exercise for weight loss is one of the key factors when it comes to having and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. Our Creator of the universe created our bodies and designed them for activity and movements and inactivity starts to deteriorate our body leading to sedentary lifestyle diseases such as heart attack ,hypertension, obesity and shorter life span.Read more..
There are several different types of heart diseases that exist today , and we are going to look at the list of diseases of the heart together, so lets go; 1.High blood pressure (Hypertension) - This type of heart disease also known as the silent killer since it does not exhibit symptoms. We can say one has high blood pressure when the systolic blood pressure reads above 140 (higher) or diastolic (lower ) number reading of 90.Read more..