Walnut oil is extracted from English walnuts , and is rich in omega -3 fatty acids which have anti-inflammatory properties and also nearly 50% of linoleic acid. This oil falls under the category of polyunsaturated fats which are known to protect heart by lowering those harmful LDL cholesterol. The oil is low in saturated fats and also monosaturated fats.
The oil is also rich in phytonutrients and are excellent source of phosphorous , zinc, selenium, magnesium, calcium and even iron.
There is another species of walnuts and that is black walnuts which experts believe its use is effective in fighting body parasites, breast tumor and even lower blood pressure.
This oil is also rich in antioxidants which help in fighting free radicals which causes cell damage and promote premature aging.
Let us now look at the benefits of walnut oil and how you can benefit by using it;
1. Help reduce inflammation (Anti-Inflammatory) - It contains polyunsaturated fats like omega 3, monounsaturated fats which protect the heart by lowering cholesterol and reducing inflammation. It also helps in preventing diseases such as arthritis which affects joints.
2. Good source of antioxidants,vitamins and minerals - Also this oil contain antioxidants properties that help fight free radicals in our bodies . Free radicals are known to cause cell damage and speed up the body aging process. The oil also is a good source of vitamins such as Vitamin B1, B2 and B3, also Vitamin E and Niacin, Omega 3 fatty acids. Also supplies minerals like magnesium , phosphorus ,zinc, iron, selenium and calcium.
3. Hormonal balance - Walnuts supply rich phytonutrients and minerals that help in maintaining stability of body hormones.
4. Help lower cholesterol - Studies show that use of this oil help to reduce total cholesterol. The oil help by keeping your blood arteries supple thus the flexibility of arteries promotes good blood flow without hardening which is common as a result of using saturated unhealthy fats.
5. Help prevent eczema - With its supply of anti-inflammatory , antioxidant, anti-bacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties help in prevention and management of eczema.
6. Improve skin health - With abundant supply of Vitamins such as B1,B2 and B3, also Vitamin E and niacin. Use of this oil whether for cooking or dressing will help in maintaining a healthy and youthful skin.
These are good reasons for using walnut oil and tap its health benefits.
What is your favorite cooking oil?
comments powered by Disqus
Engaging in your best exercise for weight loss is one of the key factors when it comes to having and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. Our Creator of the universe created our bodies and designed them for activity and movements and inactivity starts to deteriorate our body leading to sedentary lifestyle diseases such as heart attack ,hypertension, obesity and shorter life span.Read more..
There are several different types of heart diseases that exist today , and we are going to look at the list of diseases of the heart together, so lets go; 1.High blood pressure (Hypertension) - This type of heart disease also known as the silent killer since it does not exhibit symptoms. We can say one has high blood pressure when the systolic blood pressure reads above 140 (higher) or diastolic (lower ) number reading of 90.Read more..